When god is gone and the devil takes hold, who will have mercy on your soul?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chpt. 1 - The Wall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:44 am

It was a shitty day outside, the sky was dark and full of shades of grey.  The sun didn't seem to stand a chance as it failed miserably to get sunshine over the Kingdom of Vale.  Small pitter patters of rain had been on and off all day, causing water to pool at the top of the wall.  Those poor souls who patrolled it drudged on through it, causing some splashing as they did.  Though winter was technically over, a chilled wind leftover from it was blowing lightly making it uncomfortable to be outside at such a tall height.

And it was on this fine day that Aurelia was the lucky chosen to patrol the top of the wall watch for grimm.  From this height you could see grimm in the horizon, but unless they were in mass and headed for you or big enough to be a threat to the wall, you just ignored them.  Though some would take pot shots at them when they got bored.  The smart ones learned to keep their distance from the wall.

Despite the chill, this blonde was wearing a sleeveless black zip up top over a white tank top.  The bottom was black overhauled shorts that folded at her waist forming a utility pocket.  Short dusters hung from her waist in the back extending down to her heels.  She didn't usually wear so much black, but it was the closest thing she had to water proof clothing.

Though she should feel bad that her team was patrolling the wall because of her, she was instead drinking from one of many flasks, and that seemed enough to keep her warm.  It was the combination of her better eyesight and her inability to follow the rules properly that landed her here, and as a side effect, her team had to follow.  "Sure you don't want a drink?"  She offered to whoever was standing to her right, she held out the flask without even looking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://denocte.forumotion.com
Hallick

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:50 am

*clunk* the bottle bumped into Tyrions binoculars
"No thanks," he replied as he struggled to regain his eyesight, "  I'm good...". His eyes ran across the blondes poor choice of attire and sighed;" You sure you don't want the EXTRA rain parka i brought for you? Ember wasn't exactly willing to hand it over...". He shivered and tried to cover his face even more using his scarf before he returned to looking through the binoculars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:27 am

"Suit yourself. Wouldn't really need the parka if you did." Though Aurelia doubted she was actually warm. The alcohol just thinned her blood and brought it more to the surface, making her feel warm. The only part that bothered her was the several yards of sopping wet hair that was clinging to her back. The water had changed it from its usual golden highlights to almost amber tones. If she swung it at someone, it probably would hurt.

"Beside's, I'm already wet. The material would stick to me and would feel weird." A grin broke across her face as she glanced at the binoculars, at least someone was doing their job. Though she couldn't see as far without them, she could make out more details below even in the ill lighting. She loved seeing someone's reaction during very low light situations and they shined a light in her direction, just to see the light reflected back like a cats. It was unnerving to some.

"If you're so cold, I could build a fire. Not like it's a hazard way up here." She raised an eyebrow as she noticed one of her teammates absence.

Back to top Go down
Hallick

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:54 am

Tyrion lowered his binoculars and looked over his shoulder towards the now soaked firepit
"I mean, we can try, maybe use that alcohol for something good for once"

He put his binoculars aside and walked over to the pit to inspect the rickety, makeshift roof above it. Then pulled out the second parka and in a swooping motion put it ontop of the little shelter, covering the many holes in its structure. "totally why i brought it with me" he smiled.

As he in an attempt to save what little dry wood might still be left in the pile he pondered; Despite being teammates for quite some time, hes never had the chance to really just talk, there was always something that needed doing, but for once its been pretty quiet, which he appreciated alot. He put the few pieces of logs and twigs he could find that weren't completely wet into the pit and glanced over to Aurelia

"As much as i like a girl with wet hair, seeing you all soaked and cold makes me sad, you just let me know if you want me to go and nick a 3rd parka, Im sure someones cheating their shift right now anyway." He said and left the pit to her as he resumed staring at nothing through the binoculars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:26 am

"Hey, don't be dissing the alcohol, it has been very good to me."  If you ignored the sizable chunk of money it eat out of her bank account.  When he commented on her wet hair and her being cold, she couldn't help but laugh.

"It's my fault were up here and you're sad that I am wet and cold.  Tell me how that's fair?"  As she stood up, water that had pooled on her cleavage was set free from the sudden movement and sent a chill through her system actually causing a small shiver to escape her body.  She could feel the water pour past her bellybutton, dribbling down her shorts.  Aurelia felt this was going to give Tyrion the wrong impression that he was right.

The moment she was under the makeshift cover, she pulled out a small shard of crystallized burn dust and after careful fidgeting, the miracle substance had started a fire.   Though it felt like a pointless action, it felt weird having what felt like ten extra pounds on her back.  She whipped her hair to one side and wrung it out like a towel.  It created a small river that joined the pooling water on the walkway.

"We only have a few more hours of this and then it will be someone else's responsibility to watch the wilderness endlessly."  By that time, the sun would be completely down and she would regret not having brought a coat or proper pants.  Though she was present like she was instructed to be, she hadn't really been watching for grimm.
Back to top Go down
nexas

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:53 pm

With a hint of glowing green dancing along the fabric she wore, Chrys made her way up onto the wall earlier than usual. That is to say late... but less late than she usually is when they have the burden of wall patrol. And given Aurelia's casual recklessness certainly wasn't the first time they'd be assigned this "duty". In fact, Chrys had hit the point where she started arguing against wall patrol even being a punishment - why would you assign the delinquents to stand as your last line of defense, went the argument - only to find her words falling on deaf ears because of the repeat offenses.

As she approached the makeshift structure that housed the glowing fire its two inhabitants could see that Chrys was perfectly dry, the rain literally avoiding her on its descent. As she got under the roof she gave an exasperated sigh as her clothing stopped its incandescent glow, seeming equal parts uncaring about their duty or her tardiness (despite being their leader). Despite not normally being one for sarcasm, all she could ask was "Have the Grimm invaded the wall, yet?"

Quite possibly her least favorite thing in the world short of eating seafood. Because fuck seafood.

She stared up at the roof, seeing the parka that was being used as a cover for the erosion that had occurred in the roof. "Huh," she said as she looked at the simple solution. She walked over to a table that stood along the fire pit and used it as a stepping stool such that she could reach the roof and, with a touch, the ambient earth dust that was trapped in the wall was consumed to properly patch the holes. Unfortunately, that hadn't stopped the table itself from being completely drenched by the rain prior to their arrival so it was useless to her for seating. Hopping down she looked at the two of them, "Where's Nero?" she asked. It wasn't like him to be late, though she completely left unsaid the fact that she normally was to these affairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hallick

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:10 am

"I wish i could tell you mam, but I honestly have no clue where he's at" he replied without even turning around for a proper greeting, fixated on spying at dirt and the occasional grimm in the distance. "Considering how much we've suffered because of these THINGS, they're incredibly dull to look at, and docile".

He let himself take a break from his mundane task and got in under the now patched roof. Ignoring the fact it was still all wet, he took a seat on the table with a little hop, dangling his legs off the side.
"I've no idea how you stand studying these things Chrys," he smiled and playfully nudged her shoulder, "maybe because they don't really expect you to be somewhere on time?" he let out a lil chuckle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:28 am

"Have the Grimm invaded the wall, yet?" The soaked blonde gave off a soft laugh at the question and decided to answer even though there she didn't really need to.

"We've gone back to status quo since the wall was finished and people had enough time to mourn and move on. Wish some of them would grow bored and start testing the perimeter again." By this time, Aurelia had stopped paying attention to what was outside the wall and was watching her teammates, her butt closest to the fire since she was sure it was frozen by now, even though she couldn't really feel it.

"Considering how much we've suffered because of these THINGS, they're incredibly dull to look at, and docile".

"That's only because we're up here and they're down there. And the more dangerous ones don't seem to come out much anymore, when's the last time you saw a geist or a Goliath? Mostly just Beowolves and creeps tick nearby, the rest are further out just waiting for us to move." And Aurelia wanted more than anything to get back out in the field. Communications with the other kingdoms was still fuzzy at best and getting supply lines back up was still a challenge.

"As for Nero, I assume he is actually doing something productive unlike the three of us. When has anything happened when we watch the wall, other than the one time I fell off." Should couldn't remember at the moment if she had done that on purpose or not.
Back to top Go down
Zero Cool

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:42 pm

"Speak of the Devil, and he doth appear," And the 'devil' looked the same as always, he wore lots of black and shades of grey. Today he was accessorized with a umbrella following the same shades, keeping him dry in this bleak weather. "You guys look lively, a little surprised that Aurelia is still conscious and Chrys beat me here." Though he had more important things to do before wasting his life away watching a wall that is unlikely to be attacked anytime soon. And if it did, would they really be able to defend it any better than when the Grim organized and attacked.

"Also, pretty sure that you didn't fall so much as jumped off backwards. If I remember, you wanted to see if your aura could survive the impact. You were the only one wanted to test that though, the rest of us are not nearly that, suicidal."
A soft glow appeared and disappeared as quickly as it came, bringing with it a small dry table and a barstool.

The table was soon covered in munitions and magazine speed loaders. "So, what we going to do with our last few hours?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nexas

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:43 pm

With her squad together mostly just quipping about random antics Chrys pulled out her scroll to check for any messages. Nothing. Unfortunate.

"So, what we going to do with our last few hours?"

"You say that as if this isn't something we've done before," Chrys quipped as the earthy hue of her eyes rolled in tandem, "We have several hours of just standing around, again, talking mostly about the kinds of things we'd be doing if we weren't up here, again" Chrys let out an exasperated sigh. There were plenty of things she would much rather be doing right now but because of a concept of discipline that seemed to stem from either incompetence or sadism here they were being punished as a group to mull around for hours doing nothing. She imagined some future self where she looked back on this and gleaned some important insight from this particular bit of schadenfreude. "I have half a mind to just start setting up better encampments up here and start volunteering us for this duty."

The first few times they were tasked with this drudgery were okay with her; she got to sit at the top of a wall and watch relatively docile Grimm pattering about engaged in their daily routines. But now that she had seen the majority of the Grimm, catalogued their routines, and discovered that only a very small number of species actually ventured this close to the wall (and they were often the dumbest) she had grown bored of them. The more interesting specimens were smart enough to stay well away from the wall - and that's where she wanted to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hallick

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 am

"I have half a mind to just start setting up better encampments up here and start volunteering us for this duty."

"I thought youd want to get out there asap boss, I've been staring down these," he waved his binoculars "forever now. Theres literally nothing to do here, as usual." He started rifling through the rucksack hed brought, where hed usually keep things they might need, some snacks, some first aid.... Unfortunately he did not find what he was looking for and sighed;
"Damn it, I'm sorry but i forgot to pack like, a deck of cards." He made a mental note of his failure and worried that his friends points would go down because if this.

Tyrions friendships had always been fragile, either because of his past getting in the way, or because of his efforts to hide it. His thoughts wandered back to his sister and he had to try his best to not look a bit down. The team had tried so many times to ask or help him with his family, but hed remained silent about it thus far. It was putting serious stress on him whenever he didnt have much to do, how much it might damage their relationship that he wouldnt talk, despite their best efforts.

"Also, pretty sure that you didn't fall so much as jumped off backwards. If I remember, you wanted to see if your aura could survive the impact. You were the only one wanted to test that though, the rest of us are not nearly that, suicidal."

"Oh yeah you did do that!" Tyrion laughed, glad that he had company to distract him before he could go further down that train of thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:28 pm

As though someone had been patiently waiting for everyone on team CATN to stop paying attention, a small minifridge size box descended from the sky, attaching itself to the wall with a low thud. The box was well made, its texture and color was a nearly perfect match for the weathered wall. A small whirring sound started to emit from it as the electronics insides came to life. At that exact moment, the ears and heads of every grim within radius perked up as they started to head towards the wall. The first to arrive were the local beowolves who started to ascend the wall. Even some of the bigger older grim started to move.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Same shit different day. And I totally would have survived that fall even if you guys hadn't caught me." If she had to guess, the wall was maybe fifty meters in height. By the time she hit the ground, she would be moving at about thirty one meters a second not including air friction. She was too lazy to calculate so much in her head.

"And there's a reason we don't play cards anymore. you all got tired of losing your money to me." Or that's at least how she remembered it.

Back to top Go down
Zero Cool

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 am

"Even if you did survive, I don't think it would have been in one piece, and we really didn't need to be a man down that week." Though she also did seem to have an unmatched fortitude sometimes, other times — not so much.

"And I seem to remember things differently. I distinctly remember trying to get you and Chrys to up the stakes, and one of you didn't go for it. Money is too boring, have to add some sort of excitement to it." His family was rich when he had one, but not much of that wealth traveled with him to Vale. He was a man of simple tastes, the only thing he spent money on was guns, and most of those he got through the huntsman academy.

The table in front of Nero flashed every so often as a completed clip disappeared into nothingness, and fresh empty ones took their places. "I do have a few decks of cards we could use. Also have allot of other random things, but it's a bit wet for those." Nero's back was to the wall, spending most of his focus on the repetitive task before him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hallick

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:43 am

Maybe it was because the team were to busy loitering, maybe the rain masked the sound of the claws and hungry pants coming closer up the wall, Tyrion was the first to notice the threat only as the first black and white paw slammed the edge of the wall shortly followed by the thirsty head of a beowolf, and another, and another.
Maybe this was why his team seemingly always ended up on the wall, the fact that they had no respect nor fear for these beasts, atleast not the ones who'd frequent the perimeters of the wall.

Tyrion didnt scream as much as he let out a "HA!" in excitement as he bolted towards the beowolfs face, burying one of his blades in its skull and he started his count; "that's one"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nexas

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm

In the midst of their carefree discourse Tyrion immediately made for the wall's edge, letting out a battlecry as Chrys spotted what appeared to be three Grimm ascending the wall. "Oh you've got to be kidding me," Chrys exclaimed from their little encampment on the wall. Classification: Beowulf. Individual threat assessment: Low. Due to reliance on claw attacks and a powerful bite they are best engaged at range. As her mind covered the creatures she was assessing in encyclopedic fashion she watched as Tyrion buried the heft of Aurora in the head of one of the Grimm, right behind its mask.

Stepping to the edge of the encampment, still averse to getting wet, Chrys' clothing shone green as she reflexively shot a hand forward and released a torrent of wind at the remaining two Grimm, making certain not to have Tyrion get caught in the air current. The Beowulf closest to Tyrion ground its claws into the wall itself, the concrete groaning as it pierced the stone and buckled down. However, not able to bear down in time, the second Grimm scrabbled for footing before ultimately being thrown from the wall with a roar as it disappeared into the rainy darkness.

This class of Grimm often travels in packs where the strongest, deemed the Alpha, often manages and coordinates the pack.

"Watch for the Alpha," Chrys called, analyzing the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:21 pm

The only real thought that hit Aurelia's mind when the grim appeared, was that they were saved. What would of continued to feel like a eternity just shrunk to time flying.  Slamming her fists together, Bas'tet began to hum as it enhanced the aura around them.  Dashing forward into a slide, Aurelia twisted her body, scissoring the beowolfs legs.  It toppled backwards with a howl as her body came to a stop at the precipice.  She looked like she was modeling as she lounged on the ground with her right arm on her hip.  Leaning slightly forward, she glanced down the sheer drop and what numbers were climbing up.  

A clawed arm barely missed her face as she rolled back away from the edge, it easily sinking into the concrete.  It seemed nearly double the size of a normal beowolf with larger and more bone-like armor covering it's black fur.  It was quickly flanked by several more beowolves who scaled further out up the wall.  Larger Grimm following up, breaking the tree line as they themselves b-lined for the wall.
Back to top Go down
Zero Cool

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Though so far only beowolves had attacked, off in the distance Nero could see more black masses coming out of the forest. Some of them looked big or either were crowded close together in numbers. Very rapidly, Nero fired three red flares into the air. There were some hanging on the wall that could be fired, but he had maybe ten or so somewhere on him, or was the pocket dimension technically in him?

"They've got reinforcements incoming." He shouted as everything was drowned out with a thunderous roar of bullets. Metal slugs with burn dust cored in the center, having quite the explosive effect. Firing over two hundred and fifty rounds a minute, everything from the top of the wall was cleared. Even if the firepower wasn't enough to kill the large one outright, he was sure the over fifty meter drop would have an effect.

"Well, you wanted excitement." He motioned to what just happened, the loud ringing in his ears still there from the gunfire. With a flash of light a less conventional weapon appeared, it came with a massive tank on his back. Walking to the edge of the wall, flames spewed downwards nearly thirty feet in length causing those closest to going falling back to the ground like burning meteorites. Only problem he had with the weapon is its lack of fuel, it burned through it very quickly.    

"So, what's the plan?" Reinforcements would eventually come, but who knew when that would happen. They never really had to test any of this our before since the wall was erected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nexas

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 pm

"The plan is to hold the wall until reinforcements make their way over," she said clearly over the rain and roar of liquid fire. "It was good on you to light the flares, by the way," she added, placing a dry hand on his shoulder, her clothing shimmering as she had resumed keeping the rain off of her person. He had reacted faster than her to signaling their situation; he deserved commendation for it.

The situation was relatively straightforward and even slacking they were all fairly familiar with the process: a signal flare marked two events - it would summon two volunteers, one from each of the posts directly next to theirs (but only one, such that the section didn't become unprotected), and it would signal the waking of Vale's available huntsmen. This meant that they should be getting two more huntsmen joining them to hold the line relatively soon and they'd only need to hold out for a few minutes before proper reinforcements started arriving. All told, in about fifteen minutes they should have every local huntsman there to reinforce their position and it was unlikely that even this Grimm host would survive that long.

"Most of the local Grimm can't climb particularly well; Aurelia, Tyrion and I will focus on swatting any strong ones that get too high up. Nero, burn any weak groups that get close but keep your eyes peeled on the sky; don't let a Nevermore make its way past you." With that, she placed her hand on the edge of the wall as she reached her Aura out to the torrents of rain that were falling from the sky. Within moments, a section packed with Grimm was hit by what appeared to be a waterfall. Many of the best climbers - mostly Beowolves - were unable to withstand the crush of the impact and lost their grip on the wall, hurtling into others on their way down causing a domino-effect of falling Grimm as they joined their smoldering companions, some of which had already begun to dissolve into the ether.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 am

Though you wouldn't think it with what Aurelia was going to next, she had been listening intently for anything that might interfere with what she was planning to do. She was the first one to get a glimpse over the side, and her eyesight was pretty good, she saw enough to know that the better fight would be down on the ground instead of this small walkway. "Swat them you say?" and this was why they were usually in so much trouble. Pulling out four small cartridges marked with green paint, she swiftly put loaded one each into piece piece of Bas'tet.

Without hesitation Aurelia took a few steps forward off the ledge, before falling like a missile from the top of the wall. With a rolling motion, the blonde swung with her right arm out hard, compressed air fired forward in a crushing wave forming a larger crater full of dust and ether. With a twist of her wrist, an empty cartridge ejected from her wrist, steaming as it fell to the ground. In the same motion, Aurelia replaced it with a fresh one. She felt something that reminded her of a growing pain in her right arm, signs that it was going to hurt like hell once her buzz was gone.

Punching and kicking rapidly through the air at what seemed like nothing at all, those Grimm closest to her were knocked off their feet by seemingly nothing. Those closest took the biggest hits and actually showed signs of damage. Activating her semblance, that sudden feeling of no longer being alone hit her mind. She had grown beyond the disorientation of being able to see through other people's eyes.

"I somehow don't think this is what you had in mind." Her thoughts billowing up too her now somewhat distant teammates. She could justify her actions later, not that it would change anything.

Back to top Go down
Zero Cool

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm

"The fuck?!" His reaction was a reflex and escaped his lips before he could even think about it. It was one thing to jump when they were bored and had nothing to do. But to jump, in the middle of a fight? he sometimes wondered how they had decided teams and has paired their motley group together.  

"Well, there goes that plan, what's next? You going to go join her Tyrion?" He didn't find himself funny and doubted they would find this funny either.  When his vision seemed to quadruple, he stumbled for a moment as he adjusted. A flash of light occurred as the heavy pack and thrower disappeared and was replaced by something with more range and had a scope. He narrowed down his own vision, focusing only on what was in front of him. He peaked over the wall down his scope, giving Aurelia full vision of what was around her.

"No, no I don't think that is what any of us had in mind. Chrys?" He didn't like having to split their attention now. He didn't bother speaking aloud anymore seeing as his every thought was being projected among the four of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nexas

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 am

Chrys' eyes widened as her teammate stepped off the ledge; often one to loosely interpret her leader's instructions at best, Aurelia chose now of all times to interpret her them literally. Craning her head over the ledge, all Chrys could see was the streak of golden hair as it defiantly descended into the mass of Grimm below them. For a moment she wasn't sure if she was angry or awestruck.

"You going to go join her Tyrion?"

Clarity: she was frustrated. The spike in her emotion was strong enough to cause the personal air bubble that enveloped her to plume as though from a reservoir of pure nuisance; as their minds became linked she turned to face him, the eruption of air around her causing one of her pigtails to cover the lower part of her face and droplets of rain to hang in the air. Before him was a specter of Chrysanthemum's annoyance; a wisp of emerald whose mahogany eyes burned with a fiery perturbance that could've been mistaken for embers.

She didn't even bother trying to telepathically communicate with words - she let the sheer irritation she felt at the situation permeate all of their minds. For a moment there was a fleeting moment of satisfaction as she caught her reflection in the connection she shared with Nero's eyes but it was only moments before her pursed lips were revealed as her hair fell naturally and the droplets of water fell towards the ground, barely missing her balled fists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crying Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Despite the emotional turbulence she could feel, Aurelia wasn't going to let anything ruin her fun. She was managing to zone most of Grimm, keeping their numbers at a distance as she only let one or two get through close enough for finishing hits. Despite the actual presence of music, she could hear the steady beats of a song in her head as she fought. Though she didn't initially spot it, someone else did as a Ursa Major came at her like a mac truck. Just one of its arms was bigger than Aurelia's entire body, it's bone like armor seeming to have no rhyme or reason to its placement.

Even with its massive bulk, dodging its straightforward charge seemed trivial. She doubted the ranged attacks she had been using would accomplish much against it. While it slowed its charge to turn around, Aurelia pushed back more incoming before refocusing back to the Ursa. It decided to hold its ground instead of charging her again, raising itself upwards onto its hind legs.

"What would we have done if this thing was smacking away at the wall?" Though she wondered how long it would have taken it to actually breach the wall even with its size. She took the lead and charged the ursa, the giant bear like creature reading her movements as he begun to swing down at her as she got into range. Throwing out a pretty straightforward punch, her small fist collided with the clawed hand of Ursa with explosive results. What was once an arm now as no more than fading ether. She wondered if Grimm actually felt pain.
Back to top Go down
Zero Cool

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:36 pm

If there was any consolation, it was that Chrys wasn't frustrated with him but at the trouble making blonde. With a sigh he went back to looking down his scope, firing it to the rhythms that he could hear coming from Aurelia's head. He found that if anything, she had a superb memory for it. If he didn't know better, he would swear he could hear it all around him even though he knew that wasn't the case.

The rifle only held four shots, but the time it took to get from the third to the fourth beat, the clip magically disappeared to be instantly replaced with another. After every thundering shot, his eyesight was met with a satisfying image of a Grimms head exploding into a purplish mist of chunks. It's body disappearing with it as it fell to the ground.

"I assume I would have killed it like any other Grimm? Even if it had somehow made it to the wall, it wouldn't have had enough time to do any real damage." In his mind he did a mental check of any number of weapons he could have pulled out that would have made short work of the Ursa.

"The better question is what we are going to do now that you're down there sugar tits." Not finding it in his heart to really be irritated with Aurelia, but at the same time he was. He didn't even notice the rain anymore for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chpt. 1 - The Wall   

Back to top Go down

Chpt. 1 - The Wall
Page 1 of 1